NeuroLINCs : A non-invasive in-vitro diagnostic test measuring 7494 brain-enriched long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs), which are specific to neurodegenerative diseases.
NeuroLINCs is a proprietary innovative in-vitro-diagnostic (IVD) test designed and developed by Amoneta Diagnostics for diagnostic applications for patients with a condition of cognitive impairment, Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases. NeuroLINCs is a non-invasive IVD test that measures brain-enriched and neurodegenerative diseases specific long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs), identified and patented by Amoneta Diagnostics. The selection of lncRNAs is based on research and deep analysis of more than 20 billion of reads generated from postmortem brain tissue and peripheral blood samples; to detect with high accuracy patients with early Alzheimer’s disease or with other neurodegenerative diseases as shown in clinical studies.
LncRNAs are the most tissue-specific family of RNAs opening new horizons for diagnostic and therapeutic applications in the field of neurodegenerative diseases. Identification of NeuroLINCs’ lncRNAs was performed using deep sequencing of human blood from patients with different stages of Alzheimer, patients with other dementia types, cognitively intact healthy controls and postmortem brains. Expression levels were compared to select the brain enriched lncRNAs that are differentially expressed in the blood. A total of 7494 lncRNAs, including 1816 novel lncRNAs never previously described, were identified and those which correlate with the relevant biomarkers of Alzheimer brain pathology (CSF Abeta or Tau) and neurodegeneration (volumetric scores of mediotemporal and hippocampal atrophy) are included into NeuroLINCs panel.
Detection and precise quantification of NeuroLINCs lncRNAs in blood is empowered by use of Celemics specific probes to enrich selected lncRNAs for targeted sequencing on NSG platform. NeuroLINCs provides first class results to the final users and open new horizons to futuretherapeutics and precision medicine tools for key applications including diagnostics to detect early cognitive impairment and dementia, as well as drug development.
Features & Benefits
- First in class test for the measurement of brain enriched lncRNAs in peripheral blood.
- First test of blood lncRNA biomarkers for diagnostic of MCI, early Alzheimer and other dementia types.
- Investigation of a novel class of therapeutic targets.
- Proprietary list of brain enriched lncRNAs.
- More than 100.000 capture probes for high coverage of lncRNA sequences.
- Provides direct insights of brain condition using blood, removing the need for brain biopsies.
- High detection rate of brain enriched lncRNAs in peripheral blood.
Sample to Results : NeuroLINCs lncRNAs analysis workflow
- Non-invasively collected samples to investigate lncRNAs.
- PAXgene, plasma, brain tissue, PBMCs already validated.
- Excellent analytical performance with high reproducibility of the results.
- High sensitivity with 5930 lncRNAs detected in PAXgene and 3166 in Plasma over a total of 7494 lncRNAs.
Linearity assessment with Log2 normalized counts of a dilution series of admixture samples (HBRR and UHRR) of 15 lncRNAs
HBRR: Human Brain Reference RNA
UHRR: Universal Human ReferenceRNA
With Firalis services, optimize your biomarker research and development programs! From concept to regulatory qualification, with significant experience in each step, we provide a comprehensive support across diverse needs :
Design of biomarker program and analytical development
Planning and study design
Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Regulatory support: preparing dossiers and opinion meeting
Biomarker regulatory qualification for IVD development
Contact us today to get a quotation and/or to discuss your project and needs.