mRNA based targeted gene sequencing to better target inflammatory-autoimmune disorders
As part of the European IMI BT-Cure consortium followed by the H2020 RABIOPRED program launched in 2016, FIRALIS launches its proprietary assay for the identification of markers related to inflammatory-autoimmune disorders.
The Firalis BIOPRED panel is the result of an intensive research with an intelligent data mining approach in cooperation with centers of excellence in the domain of inflammatory-autoimmune disorders. It is a targeted gene sequencing panel of 2155 mRNA targets identified in several resources for several disorders, especially for those diseases in which biologics are indicated. These mRNAs are especially associated with inflammatory and pro-inflammatory pathways, immune response pathways, interleukins, chemokines, growth factors, metalloproteinases, and many others. Thanks to the HTG EdgeSeq platform, allowing mRNA measurements without an RNA extraction step, the BIOPRED assay offers an innovative and sensitive solution to profile thousands of mRNA targets directly in the samples and with excellent analytical performance on various matrices.
Reduced Samples Requirements:
- FFPE Tissue: 10mm2 slide of 5 µm section
- Cell line / PBMCs: from 5.000 cells
- Paxgene: 500 µL
- Whole blood: 500 μL
- Extracted RNA: > 20 ng
- Serum/plasma: validation on-going
Please find the lastest News regarding validated matrices on this link!
Key Features and benefits:
- High multiplex assay: 2155 mRNAs measured simultaneously on up to 96 samples per run
- Reduce samples input without RNA extraction
- RUO assay with ongoing IVD qualification process
- Support of personalized medicine and drug development programs
- First class analytical performances for more accurate and faster results
- Precision medicine tool for the prediction of non-response to anti-TNF alpha treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis patients
Analytical performances of the BIOPRED panel:
The panel show excellent validation data on FFPE and Paxgene samples with a reproducibility >0,98 and an excellent distribution of reads
Please find the complete BIOPRED datasheet here: BIOPRED Firalis datasheet
This panel is intended for multiple application such as:
- The investigation and identification of biomarker candidates for personalized therapy and for the support of drug development in various inflammatory-autoimmune disorders
- The identification of signatures for stratification of patients suffering from inflammatory-autoimmune disorders
2155 mRNAs targets are implicated in major inflammatory and autoimmune pathway:
- Inflammatory and pro-inflammatory pathways
- Immune response pathways
- Anti-TNF alpha and associated pathways
- Chemokines Growth factors
- Metalloproteinases and many others...
- Ankylosing Spondylitis Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sjögren’s syndrome
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- All forms of Vasculitides Inflammatory Myopathies
« Firalis is a one stop shop for all platforms and skills needed to analyze customer samples with the Biopred panel under the best quality environment: samples reception and storage in our NF S 96-900 certified Biobank, traceability of handling and carrying out the entire process on site in a quality certified facility. We control the entire quality chain by offering you first-class results for your valued applications. Our team of bioinformaticians and statisticians would be pleased to analyze your results in order to give the best interpretation for your study. » said Dr. Eric Schordan, Head of Molecular Diagnostics at Firalis.
« The Biopred panel profiling tool may help physicians to make the right diagnosis and therapeutic choice for each patient in function to their disease activity level. » said Pr. C. Jorgensen, a key opinion leader (KOL) who tested his retrospective cohort on the Biopred panel in order to identify biomarkers of drug-free remission for the first time.
About HTG Technology:
The HTG EdgeSeq system, available at Firalis (reference lab for Europe), is a novel target capture and library prep chemistry technology which enables fast and easy profiling of microRNA (miRNA) and messenger RNA (mRNA). The HTG EdgeSeq system uses an extraction-free chemistry that significantly reduces sample input requirements and variability associated with the extraction step. In just 3 days, our scientists can go from raw samples to data.
Publication and media:
Thanks to our partners and collaborators, you can find BIOPRED news on the following links: