OLINK EXPLORE & TARGET SERVICES
1. OLINK EXPLORE Services
Olink® Explore 1536/384 is a high-multiplex, high-throughput protein biomarker platform that uses Proximity Extension Assay (PEA) technology coupled to an innovative new readout methodology based on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) with Illumina NextSeq 2000 instruments
The current Explore library contains 1536 protein assays through four 384-plex kits. In Q4 2021, Explore 3072 will be available with 3072 assays through eight 384-plex kits. This expanded version of the platform, Olink® Explore 3072, is already available for pre-order.
Olink technology with PEA uses matched pairs of antibodies (Abs) (as sandwich ELISA) linked to a unique DNA oligonucleotides. This DNA oligonucleotides hybridize together during recognition of the protein and serve as a unique template for DNA polymerase-dependent extension. This provides a double-stranded DNA molecule for each detected protein, providing a unique barcode for high-sensitivity, high-specificity readout with NGS. This technology offers an unmet cost efficiency for the quantification of proteins.
Content of Olink Explore:
Olink Explore is based on high quality and thoroughly validated protein immunoassays offering high specificity and sensitivity of protein detection, ideal for high-throughput protein biomarker discovery including the coverage of all major biological pathways.
Olink Explore 3072 enable very high multiplex quantification from abundant proteins to very low expressed proteins as cytokines and chemokines through 8 panels of 384 plex.
- Olink® Explore 384 Cardiometabolic & Cardiometabolic II
- Olink® Explore 384 Inflammation & Inflammation II
- Olink® Explore 384 Neurology & Neurology II
- Olink® Explore 384 Oncology & Oncology II
Panel selection is customizable, running from 1 to 8 panels (384 to 3072 assays) depending of your choice.
Olink Explore: reliable data generation and quality control
Data generation and data analysis are generated by qualified research personal trained by Olink in our ISO17025 lab, GCLP compliant lab to ensure an excellent quality of execution and recording.
Data are provided as Normalized Protein eXpression (NPX) after QC-analysis and delivery of a Certificate of Analysis (CoA).
QC are using internal controls, enabling full control over the technical performance of assays and samples. Three internal controls are spiked into every sample for each dilution and panel, and are designed to monitor the quality of assay performance, as well as the quality of individual samples:
- Immuno control (incubation step)
- Extension control (extension and pre-amplification step)
- Amplification control (amplification step)
Each sample plate also includes a control strip with the following controls:
- Two Sample controls used to estimate the precision (intra- and inter-CVs)
- Three Negative controls used to set the background levels for each protein assay and to calculate the limit of detection (LOD)
- Three Plate controls used to compensate for potential variation between runs and plates
About sample volumes:
- Olink Explore technically requires 2.8 µL of plasma or serum to measure 1536 analytes and 7 µL for dead-volumes in the automated liquid handling system
- Firalis requests to send 50 µL of each sample in case re-runs are required.
For more information on the technology, check out the Olink Explore official webpage
2. OLINK TARGET SERVICES (96 & 48)
Olink®'s Target 96 & Target 48 panels for targeted protein biomarker discovery enable faster, better-informed decisions in human protein biomarker research by providing high-multiplex immunoassays that assure both the data quality and the performance, bringing new insights into disease processes, improve disease detection, and contribute to a better understanding of biology. Identifying multiple proteins that form a signature is more powerful and reliable than looking at a single protein. Each of our well-established 96-plex panels provides assays for 92 different proteins that are focused on a specific disease area or important biological process.
Now also available Olink Target 48 Cytokine, enabling analysis of carefully selected 45 proteins, focused on cytokine pathways. With each kit, up to 40 samples can be analyzed, with both absolute (pg/mL) and relative (NPX) concentration measurements.
For more information on the technology, check out the Olink Target official webpage